Why join a union?
- For Corrections staff by Corrections staff
- Being a Corrections Officer is a job where you need support.
- Issues occur in prisons that are completely outside of your control.
- CANZ Union provides a supportive ear and someone to advise and represent you.
- You become part of a group of workers who protect your interests at work.
- No fee’s will be charged until after graduation
Become a CANZ member
CANZ is an industry specific trade union for Corrections staff, by Corrections staff. We only accept memberships and represent people who work inside the wire. As such, we have the industry expertise to represent your needs as a worker and to protect your safety.
Becoming a member of CANZ is straightforward. Download and complete the membership application form. Currently, we need your signature to accept your membership which requires filling in a hard copy of the form.
You can either scan the completed form and email it to us at: email@example.com
Or post it to:
Corrections Association of New Zealand
PO Box 12101
Or give it to your site delegate
The fees for membership are:
- $7.50 per week for union membership
- $1.00 per week for the Special Fund
- Fees are charged fortnightly at a total of $17
- No fees are charged during training
- You will not be charged any fees until you have been working at the Department of Corrections for 12 weeks
- Industry specific and specialised representation and support
- Discount card with an app for your smartphone providing discounts on a huge range of services and products, including additional special offers on top of everyday discounts
- The cheapest union fees for people working inside the wire
- We have a union delegate on site in every prison in New Zealand
- All prisons have monthly union forums to raise any concerns
- Death benefit
- A diary and pen